Student Voice

https://twitter.com/hashtag/StuVoice?src=hash

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Is it worth it?

     The older I get, I see more and more dumb actions from minors. Why can't alcohol or smoking, or any type of drug be kept away from such young people. Why can't they resist? What does it even feel like to do those things? I don't see any effects that will help then in the long run. I see kids doing things that can wait until it's legal, or minors just shouldn't get involved in that type of stuff to begin with.
   Smoking, drinking, drugs, anything that can hurt you in the future . think about when your parents talked to you about acting smart. Did you have someone talk to you about smart actions? It's lectured in schools around the world, it's advertised on road bulletins, it's something that parents know they should discuss with their children. Smart actions, are you thinking about what your doing now in the present and will it affect your future someway?
     Think to yourself for a minute, what's this going to do for me? I know of someone who was so close to me and later I didn't even know who he really was. He was my own cousin. Then he started doing drugs and he went to prison. Only being 18 years old and already going to prison for getting caught high and was driving while intoxicated. My own cousin could have been the reason for someone's death, could have taken his own life because he acted a stupid way. As he looks back, he said that he regretted it. He now has a beautiful baby girl and he's happy. He got away from all of the drugs and alcohol. He plays basketball to relieve his stress, he doesn't go to alcohol anymore. I'm proud of him because he's come a long ways from last year. He even got his GED.
     Past experiences have made my cousin grow up. He and I are closer than ever and he has made me realize that I need to focus on things that will help me in my future! Be with good people, and believe in things that help me. My faith brings me far. I don't need to get into all of the things people try to pressure me into, because I know what my future will look like. I have a plan. I have a goal! I will follow it and if you know of someone who needs help, and wants out of a certain situation, get them as much help as you can. If you know of someone who needs rehab, help them get into it. Help someone make out their future! Everyone deserves to have a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment